Saturday, August 15, 2009

Busy as a bee


Lately I've considered the idea that we are becoming human doings rather than human beings. Everyone seems to be getting busier and busier and it is not uncommon for people to double, nay, triple book themselves. Almost as if we could actually do it all. Whatever "it all" might be.

The bees, as busy as they are, do not care for such nonsense. They have their duties and that is all. And somehow that includes drinking nectar and making honey and being part of a community, a hive of consciousness.

There is a great Nina Simone song, "Sugar in my Bowl" where she sings, "I want a little sugar in my bowl. I want a little sweetness down in my soul.." Don't we all long for some sweetness?

Perhaps we might learn a thing or two from the bees and gather up some nectar and make a little honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails