Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Moon Rise


The full moon rose tonight, a copper colored ball with a touch of sass. Geese flew by honking their joy and a screeching owl, the largest I've ever seen, swooped by my head before ascending to the shadows of the upper branches. A small rabbit fled into the brambles and rocks surrounding the Grandmother Tree and I thought, "Run, little fellow!"

The first fragrance of Fall is in the night air. A little precursor of what is to come as the days begin to shorten and cool. The skin lifts in the chill.

Earlier today I was blowing bubbles with my friends between the pear trees, watching them float over the meadow.

How virginal is the future as it sculps into the next moment. And the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails